http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/creation/bsq.htm

suggests that a non-zero pctincrease may be viable,
with the reasoning being based on deferred rollback
segments.

Rumour has it, Oracle 9i.2 will have a lmt system
tablespace which will make the argument moot.

hth
connor

 --- Jared Still <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
> The Oracle8i Admin Guide, Chapter 19, General
> Management of Schema Objects:
>
> Give guidelines for setting storage parameters for
> data dictionary tables.
>
> Setting PCINCREASE to 50 is an artifact from Oracle
> 6 and early releases of 7
> which had a rather limited number of extents.
>
> Jared
>

> On Tuesday 18 December 2001 05:30, Mercadante,
> Thomas F wrote:
> > Kimberly,
> >
> > I would agree with you if an experienced DBA makes
> the decision to change
> > the storage parameters, and they absolutely know
> what the benfits would be.
> >
> > Generally speaking though, I think changing
> anything in the SYSTEM
> > tablespace is bad practice.
> >
> > Tom Mercadante
> > Oracle Certified Professional

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=