Environment NT4
4Gb RAM
Page Filesize 4.5Gb
Oracle Version 8.0.5.1.1

We have recently been experiencing intermittent TNS-12500 Listener unable to create a dedicated server process
messages. It does occur when we have around 300 + processes, but even then it appears hit and miss.
It has all the hallmarks of being a resource problem, but none of the measurements at time of error(s) seem to
bear this out. Once the processes count is reduced ever so slightly, the problem goes away !

Peak memory usage : - Just over 2Gb
Oracle Process memory usage max - approx 1.7 Gb
Max Oracle Processes - 318
Initialization Parm - Processes = 500

Before I start tracing the listener, I thought I'd ask this list for any ideas.

regards..../Bob