I know that this is not the forum to ask perl questions.  But is there some
one who can help me on how to read two lines at a time using
a Perl script

My script looks like this :

open(FILE_IN, "<$datafile") or die "Cannot open $datafile...\n";

while(<FILE_IN>)
{       chomp;
        @fields = split(/;/);

        print ("Processing line $. for emission...\n");
        PROMPT Processing $. for emission ...

        ($cField1, $cField2, $cField3) = @fields[0..2];

        ...  and so on

In this case, as you see, it takes only a line at a time and I would to
consider couple of lines at a time.

Is it possible to do it and how ?

Please help.
Author: ALEMU Abiy