Dave,

If you are in a position to shutdown prod. I would think it would be easier
to copy all prod datafiles,etc to test location
and recreate the control file on test to point to correct directory and
your there.  If you need more detail I can provide.

Rick

                    Rachel

                    Carmichael           To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <wisernet100@        cc:

                    yahoo.com>           Subject:     Re: export/import on the same
server
                    Sent by:

                    root@fatcity.

                    com

                    02/05/2002

                    10:05 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Dave,

are you planning on completely dropping the TEST database and
recreating it from the PROD export? If so, you are right to be
cautious.

If you want to refresh the data and the number of schema owners is
small, you might consider just dropping the users and their objects
then recreating the users in the TEST database.

Then you can just import fromuser= touser= and make sure that you are
pointing to the TEST database (I'd log in via sqlnet, even though they
are on the same box:

imp testdba/testdbapassword@test file=  fromuser= touser=   etc

If that won't work, then the next best thing to do would be to drop and
recreate the TEST database, tablespaces/datafiles and all. Then use
IGNORE=Y and DESTROY=N and again MAKE SURE YOU ARE POINTING TO TEST
when you do the import.

http://greetings.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael