Same with me - but one thing we did have to do was
move the outline tables to their own tspace (good
practice anyway I suppose) and bump up the freelists
since we got some contention when things got busy.

hth
connor

 --- Larry Elkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Tony is
thinking along the same lines I was. Go
> ahead and capture the
> outlines and then querying the DD where the indexes
> aren't found in the
> OL$HINTS.HINT_TEXT column could tell you what
> indices haven't been used.
> Something like:
>
> select i.owner, i.table_name, i.index_name
> from dba_indexes i, outln.OL$HINTS h
> where index_name not like ('%'||hint_text||'%')
>   and owner not in
> ('SYS','SYSTEM','PORTAL30','DES6I')
>
> Just add the schema's to exclude. Only as good as
> the code coverage from
> your collection timeframe but still seems like a
> pretty solid approach.
>
> Anyone tried this? I've kicked it around but have
> never actually tried it in
> anything other than a test environment.
>
> Regards,
>
> Larry G. Elkins
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 214.954.1781

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=