Hi Bambi-

You have my utmost sympathies.  I've had to support this wonderful product before.
The reason for
the clean system is that even the lastest release (7.1) is still based on Oracle 8.0.5
which did not
support a multi homed machine.  Any ADI install I've had to due, I automatically
cleans the machine
and start with ADI first.  Isn't MS a "wonderful" OS?

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Hit any PHB to continue..."

                    BBellows@usg.

                    com                  To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    root@fatcity.        Subject:     ADI Warning

                    com

                    02/06/02

                    01:33 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Friends --

Lately I've been relegated to the deepest recesses of the dark murky depths
of Oracle's product line.  I see you blithely exchanging DBA mail and look
on longingly, pining for the fjords, as it were.  But I digress.

If you every have to install ADI on a PC, make sure it doesn't have any
Oracle products installed on it.  Make sure there are no Oracle directories
either in C: or in C:\Program Files.  If you do, you will not be able to
install ADI, and must deinstall all existing Oracle products before
installing ADI, which, graciously, comes with SQL*Plus and SQL*Net.
Everything else needs to be reinstalled.  Oh, and that old TNSNAMES.ora file
you have hanging around, it don't mean anything to ADI.

I just can't fathom why Oracle would do this to itself.  I hope its foot
starts feeling better soon.

Bambi.
Author: Bellows, Bambi

Author: Ron Thomas