Oracle Applications does it this way, but then, it has over 20 thousand objects.  For
something this
small, I would suggest 2 schemas.  One to hold the tables and one to hold packages,
procedures,
views, etc.

The only other thing to keep in mind is access control (security).

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Hit any PHB to continue..."

                    oracle12i@hot

                    mail.com             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    root@fatcity.        Subject:     The use of schemas

                    com

                    02/13/02

                    12:09 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Hi all,

Our consultant has presented a schema design which I have never seen
(not that I have seen all the designs in the world) but I also failed
to see the advantage.

Basically our application consists of 35 tables and all is under one
schema named after the application.  Granted, the application has many
components such as billing tables, event tables etc.

Now the consultant wants to split all 35 tables into as many as 8
different schemas!  Such as a billing schema, a event schema.  To me
this only complicates the whole thing as now you have to manage 8
schemas and manage many grants, synonyms.  Not to mention some tables
are not clear cut as which component it belongs to.  I just don't see
what this buys us.

Has anyone seen such a approach? And what's the benefit of doing so?

Thanks

Author: oracle dba

Author: Ron Thomas