Is replication faster than a standby database. As I understand it, the standby database will be receive arch logs at preset intervals.  Does replication have the same functionality and about how much data is sent to the replicated site.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Kevin Lange
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 10:44 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: replication question

The way I see it .....  the question comes down to whether or not you need two way replication or just one way.   If both databases can update those tables and you need them synced between the databases then Advanced Replication would be the route.   If all you need are data changes from 1 database to be replicated to another database then simple replication is all you need.