-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 3:08 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

In our production database environment, I have a list of about 1000 tables
,for which we want to find if these tables are being used by anyone. How it
can be done. One of the ideas is that we start database auditing on these
tables for a considerable period of time say one month. Then for those
tables for which there is nothing in database audit, we assume that tables
are not being used. For this option I would like to know if we put auditing
on these 1000 tables, how much extra burden it is add onto the system (CPU,
Memory etc). We are using Oracle 8.1.6 on HP-UX 11.00.
If there are some other alternatives, please let me know.
Thanks.
Author: Jesse, Rich