Roy, we are using the TAPI on my current project, and haven't seen any
significant disadvantages (I'm the DBA, so I would know).  Performance
is fine.  I don't think the number of triggers should be an issue as
long as your SYSTEM tablespace is correctly sized.  To me, the
advantages of generated code far outweigh the possibility that the code
isn't the most compact.

Paul Baumgartel

http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Author: Paul Baumgartel