Hi, all.

Oracle 8.1.7.2.0 on HP-UX B.11.00.

When performing a full database export, I'm getting

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1114 encountered
ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file 201 (block # 366985)
ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
HP-UX Error: 27: File too large
Additional information: 366985
ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file 201 (block # 366985)
ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
HP-UX Error: 27: File too large
Additional information: 366985
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

File 201 is a tempfile, for the temporary tablespace.  Its size is
approx. 3 GB.  A similar full export runs nightly and succeeded last
night (I can't be sure about all previous nights as they don't save the
log files).

Has anyone else seen this?  Why is export writing to the temporary
tablespace?

TIA

=====
Paul Baumgartel, Adept Computer Associates, Inc.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Author: Paul Baumgartel