Hi All!

I have encounterd an interesting problem after attempting to make a
change in my parameter file.  I made a minor change in the date format,
and upon shutting down (normal) and starting up, an error in the format
was reported.  I changed the format back to it's original form so that
there was no diff between the original pfile and the current one, and
attempted to restart, and I receive the following error:

SQL> startup
ORA-24323: value not allowed
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

There is nothing interesting in the alert log, and I see the same error
with a startup nomount.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance!!

Bill Tantzen
University of Minnesota Libraries
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-626-9949 (office)  612-250-6125 (cell)
I guess the man's a genius, but what
a dirty mind he has, hasn't he? -- Nora Joyce

Author: Bill Tantzen