I create a fast refresh materialized view that is a single table
aggregation, but dml on the base table does not update the materialized
view. In dba_mviews, FAST_REFRESHABLE = DIRLOAD_LIMITEDDML. I think that I
have satisfied the requirements for a fast refresh MV. I can't see the
problem. Here is a stripped down version of the view, that can be created,
but is not updateable:

create materialized view log on scd_financial_detail
tablespace &&tbsname
with rowid (claim_carrier_key, eval_date, trn_reserve)
including new values
;

create materialized view scd_financial_summary_pit_mv
        tablespace &&tbsname
        build immediate
        refresh fast on commit
        with rowid
        enable query rewrite AS
        select count(*),
               claim_carrier_key,
               eval_date,
               sum(trn_reserve) fin_tot_res
          from scd_financial_detail
          group by
               claim_carrier_key,
               eval_date
/

Could anyone please tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mike

Author: Mike Killough