Let the outer-most calling process handle COMMITs and ROLLBACKs.  A stored procedure should concentrate only on passing back error conditions appropriately.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 8:48 AM
Subject: ORA-02074: cannot Rollback in a distributed transaction

Hello,
I have this error  'ORA-02074: cannot Rollback in a distributed transaction'  in a stored procedure of PL/SQL. In a FOR LOOP, when I have an error, I make a Rollback in the EXCEPTION and I get this error. I had looed up in the Server Messages but was not helpful. I would like to add that I call this procedure from an another application.(A software tool which we use as a End-User Interface.)

Regards

M.Emre HANCIOGLU
Masterfoods Services GmbH
ISI Application Support