We have been having some heavy discussions about
system failures, root cause analysis and developing
some proactive metrics.  Generally, our problems
revolve around frequently late nights for the On Call
DBA because something out of our control goes wrong.
The damagement folks want to fix the immediate problem
and consider the job done.  The DBAs are asking for an
approach that will allow us to identify potential
problems before something breaks at 3:00 a.m.

Does anyone know of a source of white papers or other
data that has been generated for systems, storage or
databases?  We can always roll out own, but why
recreate someone else's work.

=====
Pete Barnett
Lead Database Administrator