Hello All,
Here is the result I have got from the v$session_event

 SID EVENT
TIME_WAITED
---- ----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------
  22 direct path read
109
  20 db file scattered read
125
  24 db file scattered read
160
  26 SQL*Net more data to client
162
  26 db file scattered read
191
  26 db file sequential read
230
  26 log file sync
240
  27 db file sequential read
398
  24 db file sequential read
415
  22 rdbms ipc reply
533
  20 db file sequential read
603
  24 log file sync
813
  24 latch free
904
  20 log file sync
917
  27 log file sync
966
  26 latch free
983
  27 latch free
2779
  20 latch free
3212
  22 db file scattered read
4319
  24 SQL*Net message from client
5583
  20 SQL*Net message from client
6261
  27 SQL*Net message from client
7286
  22 db file sequential read
8883
  22 latch free
16164
  26 SQL*Net message from client
56266
  26 row cache lock
6487782
  27 library cache lock
7433464
  20 library cache lock
7433918
  22 library cache lock
7435227
  24 row cache lock
7435680

Could somebody explain me , what are thsese Librarycache Lock  and Row cache
lock, and what should I do..

I could see lot of locks on the database.. and batch jobs are going very
slow , taking hours ...

Seems to me like something is happening on database, any idea ???

Pl response will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Madhu

Author: Reddy, Madhusudana