-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 2:38 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

mcdonac@cust9> select * from v$version;

BANNER
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.1.3.0 -
Production
PL/SQL Release 9.0.1.3.0 - Production
CORE    9.0.1.2.0       Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 9.0.1.3.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 9.0.1.3.0 - Production

mcdonac@cust9> select * from session_roles;

ROLE
------------------------------
DBA
SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE
HS_ADMIN_ROLE
EXECUTE_CATALOG_ROLE
DELETE_CATALOG_ROLE
EXP_FULL_DATABASE
IMP_FULL_DATABASE
JAVA_ADMIN
JAVA_DEPLOY

9 rows selected.

mcdonac@cust9> variable a1 number
mcdonac@cust9> variable a2 number
mcdonac@cust9> variable a3 number
mcdonac@cust9> variable a4 number
mcdonac@cust9> variable a5 number
mcdonac@cust9> variable a6 number
mcdonac@cust9> variable a7 number
mcdonac@cust9> begin
  2
sys.dbms_space.unused_space('SYS','PARTLOB$','TABLE',
  3  :a1, :a2, :a3, :a4, :a5, :a6, :a7 );
  4  end;
  5  /

mcdonac@cust9> set role none;

Role set.

mcdonac@cust9> begin
  2
sys.dbms_space.unused_space('SYS','PARTLOB$','TABLE',
  3  :a1, :a2, :a3, :a4, :a5, :a6, :a7 );
  4  end;
  5  /
begin
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SPACE", line 59
ORA-06512: at line 2

mcdonac@cust9> set role DBA;

Role set.

mcdonac@cust9> begin
  2
sys.dbms_space.unused_space('SYS','PARTLOB$','TABLE',
  3  :a1, :a2, :a3, :a4, :a5, :a6, :a7 );
  4  end;
  5  /

hth
Connor

 --- "MacGregor, Ian A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > I am in the process of moving a small
database to
> Oracle 9.0.1.3.  I have installed my own space
> management spaces.  It  measures growth of objects
> and tablespace usage and works well in Oracle 8i.
> The package does not work well with the 9i SYS
> tables; it returns "table or view does not exist",
> when calling dbms_space.unused_space.  I'm not sure
> if this is for all SYS tables or just a few.
>
>   The owner of the package has select any table,
> select any dictionary, and I even tried the "under
> any view" privilege,  but no luck.  The select any
> table privilege, N.B., this is a privilege not a
> role, which obviously must be judiciously given,
> allowed, one running Oracle 8i to write packages
> referencing SYS objects without having to do
> individual grants on the tables.  It is still doing
> so for non-SYS tables, the calls to dbms_space work
> fine for them.  Any idea on the SYS tables?  Must
> they be granted individually?
>

> Ian MacGregor
> Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: MacGregor, Ian A.
>   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California        -- Public Internet

> from).  You may
> (like subscribing).

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk
http://www.oaktable.net

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=

Author: MacGregor, Ian A.