Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 11:28 AM
Subject: how can listener list on two ports for the same db?

Hi!

We have a db server (in a cluster) with two NICs and two IP-Adresses (i.e. logical names in the cluster). How do I configure the listener so that it listenes for both logical names of the machine?

LISTCMDB =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = kfplcmdb)(PORT = 1522))
      )
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = kfalcmdb)(PORT = 1522))
      )
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC_CMDB))
      )
    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTCMDB =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc_CMDB)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /cmdb/u0x/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)
    )
    (SID_DESC =
      (GLOBAL_DBNAME = CMDB)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /cmdb/u0x/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7)
      (SID_NAME = CMDB)
    )
  )

Sitting on our RMAN database machine, pinging kfplcmdb does not work but pinging kfalcmdb works fine.

On th emachine to be backed up: why can't I use kfalcmdb in the listener.ora file? The listener works fine when using kfplcmdb.

This is 8.1.7 on Solaris 8.

Thanks,
Helmut