We have an application that is periodically
encountering what appears to be a self-deadlock. Only
one session is listed and it holds an exclusive (X)
lock and is waiting for a share (S) lock with NO ROWS
waited. I have pasted the deadlock graph at the bottom-
-hopefully it will be legible.

Does anyone know how such a lock could be produced?
I'd really like to be able to recreate such a scenario.

Thanks!
-w

Current SQL statement for this session:
update ACCOUNT set
ACCOUNT_ID=:ACCOUNT_ID,ACCOUNT_NAME=:ACCOUNT_NAME,LAST_
MODIFIED=:LAST_MODIFIED,CUSTOMER_NODE_ID=:CUSTOMER_NODE
_ID,ACCOUNT_TYPE_ID=:ACCOUNT_TYPE_ID,ACCOUNT_BALANCE=:A
CCOUNT_BALANCE,BALANCE_DATE=:BALANCE_DATE,INVOICE_ID=:I
NVOICE_ID,PREVIOUS_INVOICE_ID=:PREVIOUS_INVOICE_ID,CRED
IT_LIMIT=:CREDIT_LIMIT,UNBILLED_AMOUNT=:UNBILLED_AMOUNT
,ACCOUNT_ACTION_CODE=:ACCOUNT_ACTION_CODE,ACCOUNT_ACTIO
N_DATE=:ACCOUNT_ACTION_DATE where
ACCOUNT_ID=:key_ACCOUNT_ID
The following deadlock is not an ORACLE error. It is a
deadlock due to user error in the design of an
application
or from issuing incorrect ad-hoc SQL. The following
information may aid in determining the deadlock:
Deadlock graph:
                       ---------Blocker(s)--------  ---
Resource Name          process session holds waits
process session holds waits
TX-0007004c-000026bf        34      95
X             34      95           S
session 95: DID 0001-0025-0002E096      session 95:
DID 0001-0025-0002E096
Rows waited on:
Session 95: no row

Author: Walter K