Metalink has a note on best practices on this.

The best method of these in my opinion is to have n
unqiue archive destinations (one per instance). Then
you can NFS cross mount these destinations to the same
location from each instance in your environment. RMAN
can then backup/recover the entire database from a
single server without having to worry about moving
files around.

Note that if an instance fails, any of the surviving
instances can and will archive logs on behalf of the
failed instance to the local instances archive
destination.

Bill

--- "Ramon E. Estevez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
Author: Bill Pass