Something for the internals folks.....

Last week we had a situation where the production system froze and we had to reboot to
get everything working again.  Working with Oracle Support, we determained that we had
encountered bug 2230693.  The workaround was to set the event listed above.

Sence then I have noticed a significant increase in library cache miss rates rates (5%-10%).
The event doc indicates that level 2 on 10235 "Do 1 AND fill memory with junk on alloc / free".
Does this indicate that the library cache also backfills the hash area with junk leading to the
miss rate performace I am seeing, or should I be looking elsewhere?

TIA,

John P Weatherman
Database Administrator
Replacements Ltd.