what do you mean about losing numbers after an import/export?
-----Original Message-----
From: Ramon E. Estevez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 10:44 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: sequence question

Bigp

Remember that when you issue  sequence.nextval you are incrementing one value and either your process function correct or not that number is used.

But, the more important is that if your system crash or you issue an SHUTDOWN ABORT you will loose the sequence numbers cached.  Also you can loose numbers after an Import / Export.

Luck,

Ramon