Hi,

Let me make your task little easy...the procedure is as follows:

Assuming your database name is PROD database.  Restore the database in development
server with the SAME database name.
  1.  Setup your LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA FILES
  2.  Restore ALL PROD datafiles to a location.
         Since production and devlopment servers file structure is not same, you have
to restore in a different file structure.
  3.  Mount the database and rename files (so that controfile will register the new
location).
         ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE 'old_location' TO 'new_location';
  4.  Open the database

Now comes the tricky part.  Your month old CONTROLFILE do not know about new ARCHIVED
FILES.  So you can not apply archived files.  When you try to apply log files, it will
you that there is nothing to apply.

To apply new archived files:
  1.  Shutdown your database.
  2.  Rename your CONTROLFILES (Keep this controlfiles in case you need to go back).
  3.  Copy your CONTROLFILES from your PRODUCTION database (which has latest
information).
  4.  Mount the database and rename files again(because this controlfile is from
PRODUCTION).
  5.  Run the following queries to check the latest log sequence number:
         sql > select * from v$log;
         sql > select max(name) name from v$archived_log;
         sql > select name, value from v$parameter where name = 'log_archive_dest';
  6.  copy your archived log files to 'log_archive_dest' location.

  7.  Now you can apply the archived log files by running the following query
         sql > recover database using backup controlfile until cancel; or
         sql > recover database using backup controlfile until time 'JUN 16
2002:02:00:00';
  8.  Since you are using BACKUP CONTROLFILE command, it is INCOMPLETE RECOVERY.
Whenever you do INCOMPLETE RECOVERY you MUST OPEN the database with RESETLOGS.
         sql > alter database open resetlogs;

After you OPEN the database, you can export the table and import in PRODUCTION
database.

All the best!

Muqthar Ahmed
DBA