Having been the person responsible ( on the database side ) for those
particular Sharks that Pete is referring to, I can say that I would
certainly
consider something else.

There are a number of built in limitations:

* cannot create a volume as large as a LUN
* cannot enforce varying stripe sizes
* different LUNS have different drive parameters
* RAID 5 ONLY!!!!!
* the *only* way to achieve the claimed throughput
   is with a 100% cache hit rate on the Shark Cache.

Jared

Peter Barnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
06/19/2002 07:38 AM