holds some very good info on sqlloader

HTH

John

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/20/02 04:20PM >>>
I try to insert 14,000 rows into oracle database using SQLLDR and it takes
too long to finish (around an hour).  Is there a way to improve SQLLDR to
make it run faster?  For example, if modify parameter file will help?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 June 2002 10:53
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I have 150 000 lines to insert with sqlload and it takes 8 minutes, my
feeling is this is too long.
I tried in DIRECT mode, but I got some error, Direct mone does not work with
pl/sql instriction like procedure or
Sysdate value.  I retrived any pl/sql instruction and any value like
sysdate.  I amiliorate the perf with 20 sec off.

How can boost sqlloader?

        San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists
Author: Bernard, Gilbert