Hi there!

Here is the solution:

I wrote there is a new connect window in the background - navigable but not
editable.
Some light on this ;-) ...
I have five Oracle Homes on my PC, because I am testing new releases of
Oracle software (e.g. Discoverer 9.0.2).
The database connect is well defined in the tnsnames.ora in the oracle home
for 9i tools but not defined in the oracle home for 6i tools (a newbie error
- annoyingly, but there is no qualified error message from Discoverer ...).
So Reports (6i!) is not able to connect to the target database. But if you
wish to export to PDF you need reports 6i.

Thanks again!

Best regards!
Henrik

Author: Bachmann, Henrik