-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 1:25 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I should have added that I can ping the host and tnsping works also.
Tracing on the server shows that listener is receiving the connection
but gives no hint of why the connection failed.

$ lsnrctl status (on the server):

LSNRCTL for SVR4: Version 2.3.2.1.0 - Production on 26-JUL-02 11:33:41

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1994.  All rights reserved.

Connecting to
(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=mfgad11.)(port=1521
))
STATUS of the LISTENER
------------------------
Alias                     LISTENER
Version                   TNSLSNR for SVR4: Version 2.3.2.1.0 - Production
Start Date                25-JUL-02 15:28:34
Uptime                    0 days 20 hr. 5 min. 9 sec
Trace Level               off
Security                  OFF
SNMP                      OFF
Listener Parameter File
/usr/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/network/admin/listener.o
ra
Listener Log File
/usr/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/network/log/listener.log
Services Summary...
  test1         has 1 service handler(s)
The command completed successfully

------