>However, I cannot understand the part that says
>"When choosing the execution plan for a distributed statement, the
>optimizer considers the available indexes on remote databases
>just as it
>does indexes on the local database. ....."
>How does the local optimizer know about
>1) Remote Indexes
>2) Statistics on Remote Tables/Indexes

I suppose this information can be obtained by the local optimizer over the
DBLink. Remember when you use a DB link, a process starts on the remote side
and has all the privs of a process that is local to that remote DB.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DB Soft Inc
Work : (408) 970 7002

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at
http://www.klove.com

Author: John Kanagaraj