    -----Original Message-----
    From:   Johan Muller [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

    I just received the following email from a recruiter for a senior DBA
    production support 6 month contract position  (plus tuning and application
    enhancement thrown into the mix) in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area. I was
    submitted for the contract 2 months ago (at $60/hour W2) and subsequently
    was begged to reduce that to $55/hour (I reluctantly agreed and are now
    learning the hard way not to appear desperate or talk money up front, by the
    looks of it).

    >snip
    OK, Is there ANY way at all you could reduce your rate to $38.00/hour for
    the xxxxx position?
    >snip

    Any suggestions for a suitable reply (I have several in mind but would like
    to remain courteous at this stage).