-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 1:51 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Madhu
  some one or something is writing into your system tablespace. I would
check to see if anyone has the system tablespace as their default
tablespace.
SELECT username from dba_users where default_tablespace ='SYSTEM';
or SELECT username from dba_users where temporary_tablespace
='SYSTEM';

Ron
ROR mô¿ôm

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/15/02 02:06PM >>>
Hello Listers,
We have a database for which the SYSTEM tablespace size is nearly 10
gig ,
Now I have a plan to reduce the size of it . And database is running
on
8.1.7.2.
What would be the best and faster way to do it. Your ideas will be very
much
appreciated !!

Thank in advance,
Madhu