how about

select  tab1.id from tab1,tab2 where tab1.id=tab2.id group by tab1.id having
sum(decode(tab2.status,'Y',1,'N',-1,0)) > 0;

Harvinder Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have 2 tables tab1 and tab2 each having id column and tab2 also has column status
>that will contain value 'Y' or 'N'
> for particular id and tab2 has many records for particular id........
> we need to select distinct id from join of these 2 tables where status in tab2 has
>more 'Y' than 'N'........
>
> Thanks
> --Harvinder
> Author: Harvinder Singh

begin:vcard
n:Jerman;Don
tel;work:919.508.1886
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Database Management Service,Information Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Database Administrator
adr;quoted-printable:;;Database Management Service,Information Technology=0D=0A104 Fayetteville Street Mall;Raleigh;NC;27699-1521;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-9536
fn:Don Jerman
end:vcard