I guess this is my day to post questions to the list.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to diagnose and fix SQL-2100 (aka
ORA-2100)?  The manual says

ORA-02100 PCC: out of memory (i.e., could not allocate)

Cause: SQLLIB was unable to allocate enough memory to execute the
program.

Action: Allocate more memory to the user session and then rerun the
program. If the error persists, call Oracle Customer Support for
assistance.

MetaLink has almost nothing relevant to the version (8.1.7) that we're
running.  Our SAs don't want to increase the memory allocated to the
process.  Can we do anything in the program itself, such as closing
cursors more frequently, that will help?

TIA!

=====
Paul Baumgartel, Adept Computer Associates, Inc.

http://finance.yahoo.com
Author: Paul Baumgartel