While Oracle says you can have "unlimited" extents, practically it
doesn't hand more than at MOST between 1000 and 4000 extents in a
table.

And you can just adjust your baby bear, mama bear and papa bear extent
sizes in all your tablespaces, no one says the extent sizes are fixed!

Geez, years from now, when someone talks about the Goldilocks method of
extent management I'll be able to say I started it all. then I'll start
running for my life. :)

Rachel

http://finance.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael