Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 7:13 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dear List,

Iam following the procedure to restore database from RMAN backup from HOST_A
to HOST_B with a recovery catalog.

1. I copied the init.ora file to HOST_B
2. on HOST_B, I made an entry in oratab for 'rtest' database and switch to
'rtest' database using . oraenv
3. issued: rman target / catalog rman/rman@<Connect String>
4. startup nomount;
5. run {
     allocate channel ch1 type 'sbt_tape';
     restore controlfile;
     }

It generates the following error. "list backup of controlfile" is showing up
the backup entries.

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure during compilation of command
RMAN-03013: command type: restore
RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: IRESTORE
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel ch1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19507: failed to retrieve
sequential file, handle="nre1u1kk_1_1", parms=""
ORA-27029: skgfrtrv: sbtrestore returned error
ORA-19511: sbtrestore: Backup file not found.
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.RESTOREBACKUPPIECE

Could someone help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks,
-- Babu
Author: Janardhana Babu Donga

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS