Steve,

no one will ever have a copy of data unloader because Oracle does not
sell IT but sells the service of running it for you.

It's not urban legend, I've used it. It's from Field Support, not Tech
Support, it's expensive as all getout and they are reluctant to use it.

It will generate either dump files that import can read or flat files
that sqlldr can read, It helps if you have the SYSTEM tablespace, but
it is not essential.

I would not suggest even trying to get Oracle to come in with this
unless the data is so critical that you will lose enormous amounts of
money if you don't use it (yes, it was for us)

Dan, if you want more info on it, email me offline.

Rachel

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute
Author: Rachel Carmichael