"O'Neill, Sean" wrote:

> > From: "Stephane Faroult"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:24:50 UT

Wherever the table is an index organized or heap organized (= regular)
one, the only timestamps that Oracle records are related to the
STRUCTURE, in other words the last time a DDL command was applied
(LAST_CHANGED column of DBA_OBJECTS, out of memory). Otherwise, short of
forensic analysis of redo logs, the only ways are either to manage a
TIMESTAMP column and to have it set to SYSDATE whenever something is
changed, or to use a trigger to update another table holding the date of
the latest data change.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult