Greg:

If the error is coming from DBMS_OUTPUT, then it is probably PL/SQL
related.  Try increasing the LARGE_POOL_SIZE parameter in the init.ora
file. I would suggest setting it to at least 2MB. By the way, what are the
shared_pool_size and large_pool_size parameters set to now?

RWB

"Greg Faktor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@fatcity.com on 09/20/2002 03:59:21 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Hi All!
We  get ora-04031 on Oracle816 on Unix.
I'm aware that this is a bug about memory leak and we planing upgrade to
Oracle 8173 to fix it.
In a  mean time I increased the shared_pool and shared_pool_reserved_size ,
and also ping some packages in.
Now error sad that: enable to allocate 4096 bytes of shared memory ('shared
pool","BEGIN   DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE; END;".....

Oracle can't allocate memory for the object which is already in memory?
Maybe I missing something.....???
Thanks.

Greg.

Author: Greg Faktor