Okay, I'm about to create some locally managed tablespaces for some
large partitioned tables. I plan on making each datafile 2GB, with an
extent of 20M.

What I've done other times when I use LMTs is add 64K to the file size,
for the bitmap header, so that I don't waste most of an extent. But in
those cases, the datafile size has been less than 2GB.

We will be on Solaris 2.8, I know that the OS can handle files larger
than 2GB but it makes me nervous to do this.

I hate to waste most of 20M just for the bitmap header.

Is my thinking way off? If you've been doing this sort of sizing (it's
a data warehouse, yes), what have you done?

thanks!

Rachel

http://sbc.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael