Title: RE: Best Practice - Partitioned object, one partition per tablespace,

exactly - in the warehouse I am working on we have so much data over so many partitioned ranges (for the benefits of partition elimination) that it didn't make sense to create a separate part. in each tablespace plus at some point there are limits to datafiles - so grouped partitions based on access/modifications expected (for readonly benefits) - etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Gorman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 1:49 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Best Practice - Partitioned object, one partition per
tablespace,

Another approach is to partition according to your load strategy, but make
them reside in tablespaces according to how you want to set them to READ
ONLY.

For example, if you load daily, partition daily.  But if you want to set the
data into READ ONLY to reduce backup volumes on a quarterly basis, then put
all of those daily partitions into quarterly tablespaces.  So, each
tablespace will have roughly 90-91 partitions for each table...