-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 10:04 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Nope, Oracle 8.1.7.2 on HP-UX 11.  148 seconds
on the wall clock to parse:

select
null as table_cat, owner as table_schem, table_name,
0 as NON_UNIQUE, null as index_qualifier, null as index_name,
0 as type, 0 as ordinal_position, null as column_name, null as asc_or_desc,
num_rows as cardinality, blocks as pages, null as filter_condition
from all_tables
where table_name = 'INDEXENTRIES'
union
select null as table_cat, i.owner as table_schem, i.table_name,
decode (i.uniqueness, 'UNIQUE', 0, 1), null as index_qualifier,
i.index_name, 1 as type, c.column_position as ordinal_position,
c.column_name, null as asc_or_desc, i.distinct_keys as cardinality,
 i.leaf_blocks as pages, null as filter_condition
from all_indexes i,
all_ind_columns c
where i.table_name = 'INDEXENTRIES' and
i.index_name = c.index_name and
i.table_owner = c.table_owner and
i.table_name = c.table_name and
i.owner = c.index_owner
order by non_unique, type, index_name, ordinal_position
----
Matt Adams - GE Appliances - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Their fundamental design flaws are completely
hidden by their superficial design flaws.
          - Douglas Adams