IF you can identify the problem rows automatically, and flag them as such in
your production environment, then you can have those rows automatically
copied (or moved - your choice) to your development machine (presumably
using database links). For what its worth, we have been doing just this for
years, fully automated. Its replication, but not as Oracle recognises the
term!

peter
edinburgh

> "Deshpande, Kirti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 01-10-2002 02:13 PM
> Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

>         To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        RE: Way of extracting record
>

> 1. You can use SQL*Plus COPY command to copy data from Production into
> development database.
> 2. You can create a link from Development database to
> Production database,
> and then use insert into Development database table by
> selecting data from
> table@Production database.
> 3. You can use export with QUERY option to export just the
> rows you need
> from each table in Production and import those into
> Development database.
> However, it will depend on how easy it is to get to the
> required data by
> the
> QUERY option (available with Oracle 8i).
>
> I would go with #1 first.
> Check SQL*Plus Reference Guide for (1) and (2)
> Check Utilities Guide for (3).
>
> HTH..
>
> - Kirti

This  e-mail   message,  and  any  files  transmitted   with  it, are
confidential  and intended  solely for the  use of the  addressee. If
this message was not addressed to  you, you have received it in error
and any  copying,  distribution  or  other use  of any part  of it is
strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the sender and do not  necessarily represent  those of the British
Geological  Survey. The  security of e-mail  communication  cannot be
guaranteed and the BGS  accepts no liability  for claims arising as a
result of the use of this medium to  transmit messages from or to the
BGS. The BGS cannot accept any responsibility  for viruses, so please
scan all attachments.                            http://www.bgs.ac.uk

Author: Robson, Peter