-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 8:43 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

"Alter session ..." is not DML, so I think you need to use dynamic SQL:

create or replace trigger smload.logon after logon  on database
begin
SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBBIG01;
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE "Alter session enable parallel query";
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE "Alter session set SORT_AREA_SIZE = 10485760";
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE "Alter session set OPTIMIZER_MODE = choose";
end;
/

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]