New Bee,

    It's "CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE SET DATABASE "TEST" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG".
                                      ^
Dick Goulet

Author: "CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:       10/8/2002 11:13 PM

Hi,

Qn : Is it possible to copy one database to another if the source database
name is different from the target database name ?

I need to clone Oracle Applications 11I from one machine (source
instance:PROD) to another (target instance:TEST). I followed the
instructions on Metalink doc 135792.1 "Cloning Oracle Applications Release
11I". Everything works fine until I re-create the controlfile in the target
instance.

In svrmgrl =>
STARTUP NOMOUNT
CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "TEST" RESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG
    MAXLOGFILES 16
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
    MAXDATAFILES 500
    MAXINSTANCES 1
    MAXLOGHISTORY 453
LOGFILE
  GROUP 1 (
    '/dg3/oracle/testredo/log01a.dbf',
    '/dg4/oracle/testredo/log01b.dbf'
  ) SIZE 10M
DATAFILE
  '/dg7/oracle/testdata/system01.dbf',
  '/dg7/oracle/testdata/system02.dbf',
  '/dg8/oracle/testdata/ctxd01.dbf',
CHARACTER SET US7ASCII
CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "TEST" RESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG
*
ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
ORA-01161: database name PROD in file header does not match given name of
TEST

Any advice ? Thanks. (Please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED])

Regds,
New Bee
Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)