Yesterday we had a cpu panic followed by a spontaneous
reboot of a Sun E6000 server.  When the server and
databases came back on line we were getting 'no
listener' errors from several Unix servers but not all
of them.  We also lost connectivity between the
mainframe and the databases on the affected server.
Those that failed were consistent, those that conected
were also consistent.

The Unix Admin captured the following lines from a
netsta -an command:

Following line is from dragon - the server that has
the TNSLISTENER on only one interface

161.208.1.138.1521         *.*                0      0
    0      0 LISTEN

Following line is from beowulf - the server that has
the TNSLISTENER on all interfaces

      *.1521               *.*                0      0
    0      0 LISTEN

He is focusing the ip address binding to the oracle
port on one server but using a wild card for the
other.

We have a tar open for this but so far, they have not
been too helpful.

=====
Pete Barnett
Lead Database Administrator