Still
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 2:13 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dear list,

I found something rather interesting on MetaLink today.

While doing a little research on UTL_FILE, I came across
document # 1050919.6.  This document deals with how to
dump a table to an ascii file.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_d
atabase_id=NOT&p_id=1050919.6

I began to think the code looked a little familiar.  Then I
saw the temporary file name of '_dtmp.sql', which was
rather reminiscent of file names I use.

Further perusal revealed that the comments were written
by yours truly, and match word for word those I added to
the dump.sql script years ago.

See for yourself:  http://www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/util/zips/dump.sql

I don't know whether to be flattered or upset.

Jared
Author: Jared Still

Author: Cary Millsap