Pablo - Another idea. Enter "man sar" at your command line. Here is the
paragraph from the Solaris manual. Hope this helps.

     -u    Report CPU utilization (the default):

           %usr, %sys, %wio, %idle
                 portion of time running in user mode, running in
                 system  mode, idle with some process waiting for
                 block I/O, and otherwise idle.

In answer to your question, and I'm going beyond my knowledge and more
guessing:
   - When a process is ready for more CPU, it is moved on the "run queue".
   - When a process has to wait for I/O, it is moved into a "wait queue".
Now, when the CPU is available and the run queue is empty, then that is
counted as "idle" until a process is moved onto the run queue.
Suppose we further divide "idle" between times where maybe no users are
sending work to the system, and times where the users are waiting, but all
the processes are waiting for I/O. We still continue to call the former
"idle", but call the latter "wait I/O". Does this make sense? Maybe my
guessing will irritate one of the experts into replying.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.