    -----Original Message-----
    From:   Jamadagni, Rajendra [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

    Thanks ...

    so far Oracle had completely understood the problem and looks like we may be hitting some bug in CBO. I am awaiting the bug#, I don't know that yet.

    The same query works fine if I do a 'alter session set optimizer_mode=rule'; though ..

    Raj
    Rajendra Jamadagni              MIS, ESPN Inc.
    Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
    Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.
    QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art!