You can probably try keeping this in the shared pool. using the DBMS_SHARED_POOL.keep('<procedure name>');

"Chuan Zhang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/23/02 01:13 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Reduce parse call for stored procedure?

Hi, DBA Guru,

   I have a stored procedure of a package which is called with "execute immediate" in a loop with runtime input parameters. I found that no. of parse calls(451983)  is equal to no. of executions (451982).  Is there any way such as set cursor_sharing=force or keep this stored procedure into shared pool to reduce the parse call down to one or some no.?

TIA,

Chuan

Unless otherwise stated, this e-mail does not represent the views of
TransACT Communications Pty Limited.  This text and any attachments of
this e-mail are confidential and may be legally privileged.  This email
is for the use of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended
recipient do not take any action in relation to this email, other than to
notify TransACT Communications by replying to this e-mail and destroying
the original communication.  Except as required by law, TransACT
Communications does not represent that this transmission is free of errors,
viruses or interference.