Hi gurus,

I just installed Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows XP successfully. However on creation
of database using the Database Configuration Assistant, I get the error
ORA-12638 'Credential Retrieval Failed' on initialisation of database and
thereafter the process stalls.

I visited Metalink and found out that I require patch 1522966. However, this
patch cannot be found. Does any one have it?

Secondly, I am using SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) in my SQLNET.ORA
file (which is suggested as a probable fix to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Moses Moya Ngati