Dan,

I've done it, so I know it's possible. :)

The learning curve on this can be fairly steep, as there's
several pieces of technology that must be setup and working.

iAS needs to be configured.  When I did this, it was with OAS.
I hope it's become easier since then.  Unix is easier to setup
than windoze, at least I thought so.

The 6i forms must be compiled on the deployment platform, as
the binaries are not compatible.  You would think they would
be, since they are not actually exe files, but they are not.

If the forms were written on Windows and deployed on unix,
you will run into case problems. Names of called forms, etc,
are case sensitive on unix.

After a fair bit of experimentation, you should be able to get
the iAS portion configured to present a form in a browser.

This required a lot of research on MetaLink.  I found many
documents with conflicting instructions.  Go for the newest
notes you can find on MetaLink.

Make sure to use the proper version of jinitiator.  I don't know
which version that would be now, but you need to experiment
with the different available versions that work with specific
version of MS Explorer, then stick with that version of jinit, and
the version of MS Explorer.  I could never get this to work
properly with Netscape.

Once you get the iAS config files setup to actually display
a 6i Form on the web, document what you needed to do,
consider ithem as prototypes and trash them.

Once you understand how the configuration works, you'll
realize that the setup you created is unworkable.  :)

Wish I could remember details, but this was about 2 years ago.

Jared

Author: Jared Still